Revolution Release 1.12.3
Optimization and improvement of the CRX site continues, to bring you more reservations. The Revolution Manager interface is more user friendly, through a ton of improvements. We have expanded our development team to allow faster development and software release cycles.
Car Rental Express - CRX
- CRX is now using Google Analytics to improve SEO and web traffic.
- You may find your Agency featured at CRX! The Homepage has been updated and now includes dynamic data for top agencies, cities, ratings and content updates.
- The Specialty Vehicles pages are updated, with new content.
- Credit Card Deposit text has been clarified: It is tied to Pickup time, unless an Agency specifically wants to take a deposit right after booking.
- Location Specific thanks messages are now displayed for reservations.
- The Travel Guide, accessed from the footer, has been updated and simplified to have only two layers: The top page and the city pages themselves, for faster navigation.
Global Traveler Program - GT:
- We have changed the way Rate Codes are setup for GT – An Agency needs to create all post-paid rates as dependant on a Base Rate. This allows an agency to opt out of post-paid reservations, if they choose.
- Vehicles names are now being built from the Image Gallery. This creates consistent make and model name displays at GT, which looks better to airlines, and others booking your vehicles.
- Vehicles information now includes Number of Passengers, Baggage and Doors.
Traffic Exchange Program and Partners
- Interface improvements have been made for BookingBuddy.com and OneTime.com. Those traffic sources have been resumed, as of December 2011.
- Hotwire comparisons have been setup, generating more quality Traffic to agencies participating in the program. Search a city for car rental, to see the comparison options at the top and bottom of the results listing.
- When an agency participating in the Kayak program creates new locations, notifications allow these locations to be submitted to Kayak.
- Locations can now add extra notes and a phone number to every Airport Shuttle setup. This improves renter information available at Kayak.
- RentCentric: Sending of vehicle data to Kayak has been enabled.
The Revolution Manager interface is more user friendly, through a ton of improvements. We have expanded our development team to allow faster development and software release cycles.
- Better Navigation: Manager’s top menu is updated and displays sub-menus for every item, which allows users to go the needed destination faster, without additional page loads.
- Age Ranges can now be setup to be Location Specific (every Location can have its own Age Ranges, with its own Vehicle restrictions).
- Extra Products limitations in OTA codes are removed. Now the same OTA codes can be assigned to extra products or coverage, as long as the extra product’s rate codes and/or vehicles are not overlapping.
- The Default “minimum time to book in advance” is set to 1 day, instead of 0 days 0 hours.
- Seasonal Rates now have two buttons to increment / decrement prices, instead of having to enter new values.
- Checking agencies for Locations that don’t have Latitude / Longitude setup is now faster, meaning faster loading times for Manager.
- Added a “Remember Me” option on Manager Login page, to remember user’s email.
- Multiple images for vehicles are allowed to be saved.
- Created a page for Agencies that displays all reviews and comments in Manager.
- A Location’s Address and Country are now mandatory when creating a Location.
- The Car Sales module allows ordering of vehicles now.
- Pickup / Dropoff Locations: Now orders locations as defined.